FIXED-TERM, FULL-TIME JOB VACANCY
BRUSSELS OFFICE OR REMOTE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: ROLLING
About the role:
NOW! is looking for a Communication Manager to lead its communications effort across the world. The position will report directly to the Co-Executive Directors and will be pivotal in shaping this fast-growing organization in its first months of existence. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, with a burning passion for the topics we advance, that will be responsible for developing and implementing a communication strategy for the movement, as well as creating disruptive content for NOW!’s outlets.
This position will expose the person to a highly dynamic work environment, being part of a global movement in its start-up phase. The selected person will have the opportunity to grow in the organization and lead the development of a full communication team in the long-term.
NOW! is the disruptive global movement pushing for humanity to work as One to solve the biggest challenges of our time. Launched on January 1st, 2020, we already have thousands of members in 77 countries. Due to its rapid growth, this position and the one of campaign manager are being opened.
- Shape and implement NOW!’s communication, through content creation and diffusion,
- Grow NOW!’s audience and membership through all communication channels,
- Craft an effective narrative,
- Develop partnerships with media outlets, influencers, and other stakeholders,
- Shape the narrative of the movement, and campaigns messaging
- Ensure the coordination of our communication effort across all our countries of operations,
- Together with the Board of Directors, create a communication strategy for the medium and long term, and
- [If of interest] Develop a public profile to represent the organization
- Education and experience: we are not including education or experience requirement: our work doesn’t fit in a box, neither do you, and we believe that diverse profiles make for a better team. We are just asking that you worked in the past, whether formally or informally.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and ideally fluency in a second language
- Good design skills and/or photo and video-making skills
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Social media management knowledge is a plus
- Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative, prioritize, and work independently as well as function as a member of a team are required.
- Clear interest and passion for making the world a better place by uniting people across borders, and having fun along the way.
Basically, we look for people that are proactive and creative, that are team players and are willing to learn, try, fail, and then try again! We are looking for candidates with a strong work ethic that are passionate about solving world issues. But let’s also be honest: there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. No one meets all the requirements, so if you are interested and believe that this could be a good match, please do apply!
Starting date: March-April, negotiable.
Duration of contract: 6-9 months, with the expectation of making it a long-term contract.
Gross salary: depending on experience and type of contract (variable across geographies).
How to apply: please send an email to email@example.com, with the subject: “Communication Manager application” with a CV, a motivation letter detailing your motivation, skills, and availability. For this position, do not hesitate to send us any relevant material, such as portfolio, articles you authored, videos you shot.
As a last word: NOW! is a global movement managed by a welcoming and meritocratic organization. We can only be successful by being diverse! We thus do not discriminate in hiring practices and actively seek a diverse applicant pool.